Family-owned for nearly 100 years, Miller Baking Company has been committed to crafting great tasting baked goods with honest ingredients. Today, we bake Pretzilla® Soft Pretzel Bread, a brand of soft pretzel buns and bites that is drawing fans across the country and experiencing significant year-over-year growth. We combine great products with our core values of Teamwork, Integrity, Curiosity, and Courage to create an environment with opportunities to make an impact and personally develop.
The Maintenance Technician is responsible for planning, coordinating, and performing various maintenance activities related to the plant equipment and machinery, building, and facilities. This position reports to the Plant Engineer & Maintenance Manager.
This position provides support to our two production facilities in Milwaukee at 8313 N Steven Rd, Milwaukee, WI 53223 and 1415 N 5th St, Milwaukee, WI 53212. (About 5 minutes apart from each other)
WHAT YOU'LL DO:
WHAT WE'RE LOOKING FOR:
- Under the direction of the Maintenance Manager, coordinates with other Maintenance Technicians to minimize interference with production operations and maximize uptime.
- Maintain the physical structure of our buildings, including minor plumbing, carpentry, and electrical for two Milwaukee-based facilities.
- Maintain production lines and equipment using a variety of skills and knowledge such as mechanical, electrical,
- Conduct root cause failure analysis, predictive maintenance (oil and vibration analysis) and assist with maintenance planning - daily and yearly outages.
- Keep the CMMS up to date with preventative maintenance schedules for the upkeep of machines and facilities equipment.
- Visually inspect and test machinery and equipment, using electrical and electronic test equipment.
- Listen for unusual sounds from machines or equipment to detect malfunction to diagnose problem or repair machine.
- Dismantle defective machines and install new or repaired parts, following specifications, and blueprints.
- Maintain records of issues and maintenance completed on machines.
- Assist with capital budget and maintenance projects.
- Provide both guidance and tactical assistance to the supervisors and production personnel in the repair, maintenance, and installations including daily process problem-solving.
- Purchase maintenance materials and parts; ensure the maintenance of inventory records.
- Conduct heating, ventilation, and air-conditioning systems and boiler operations checks.
- Apply understanding of how a system should work and how changes in conditions, operations, and the environment will affect outcomes to identify options and best solution.
- Work with the rest of the maintenance team to provide 24/7 coverage for operations and emergencies including equipment repair, stabilization, and the mobilizing of resources as needed.
- Respond quickly to production line calls and keep personnel informed of the status of their machinery and repairs.
- Adjusts functional parts of machinery and control equipment to make them work more efficiently.
- Follow and enforce standards for food safety and food quality production reflected in GMP and SQF as well as the regulations of major vendors and governmental agencies such as OSHA, FDA and EPA and assures associates are consistently trained in these standards and comply with all requirements.
- Ensure compliance with all safety and quality regulations, reporting issues to Plant Management and SQFP.
- Efficiently tracks daily work and time spent on each job and correctly summarizes the time spent on each work category at day’s end.
- 5+ years' maintenance experience with strong maintenance skills, preferably in a food manufacturing environment.
- Experience in electrical, mechanical, high-speed packaging, pneumatics, PLC, and hydraulics desired.
- Familiar with quality/food safety programs desired such as SQF, HACCP, SSOP, SOP, HAZCOM/SDS, GMP.
- Must pass pre-employment testing (Drug Screen and Background Check).
- Able to stand or walk up to 100% of the time and if the need arises must be able to work in a freezer.
- Must be able to carry, twist, bend, crouch, kneel, reach, and stoop in conjunction with frequent lifting up to 50 pounds, possessing the physical strength and dexterity to perform essential functions.
WHY WORK AT MILLER BAKING COMPANY?
We are a profitable, growing organization with great products! Our business and reputation are rooted in quality and service. The executive team is committed to continued growth, leveraging ingenuity, and the ability to customize. We plan to continue our exciting trajectory while maintaining our values. We offer competitive compensation and great company benefits including a casual dress code, health, dental, and visoin insurance, and a 401k with company match.