Miller Baking Company is a privately-held bakery that has been serving up delicious baked goods for nearly 100 years. We combine our core values of stability, humility, curiosity,
and going the extra mile
to create a recipe for SUCCESS!
In 2010, our desire for a better pretzel bun led to the creation of Pretzilla, a brand of soft pretzel buns that’s fueled significant year-over-year company growth. Today, Pretzilla is available nationwide at retailers like Whole Foods Market, enabling people across the country to crown their creations with buns and snacks suited for today’s palette.
We're looking for the right people to support our growth and help take Miller Baking to the next level. If you love our products, excel in a team environment, and are never afraid to ask why, read on!
We're looking for a Warehouse and Logistics Manager to join our fast-growing food manufacturing company. Reporting to the COO, this person will oversee all aspects of warehousing, inventory management, and logistics.
This position is located primarily at 8313 N Steven Rd, Milwaukee, WI 53223, with responsibility for an additional facility located at 1415 N 5th St, Milwaukee, WI 53212.
WHAT YOU'LL DO:
- Create policies and procedures to ensure safe, efficient, and secure warehouse operations across multiple facilities.
- Manage the warehouse team (4-6 people) including hiring, training, coaching, and performance management.
- Communicate closely with production and customer service teams to ensure timely shipment of all product.
- Accurately track and control inventory using Microsoft Navision (NAV) ERP system, conducting physical counts to reconcile.
- Maintain optimal inventory levels for raw ingredients, packaging materials, and finished goods.
- Ensure shipping and receiving process flows smoothly; manage and document incoming and outgoing trucks, shipments, and shipment rejects/failure to comply.
- Maintains, collects, review all job tickets. Outline all job tickets, print off pallet tags for dock workers to ensure proper tagging of pallets.
- Responsible for documentation and identification including labeling and barcoding.
- Maintain truck schedule electronically and physically.
- Ensure driver safety training is conducted and followed.
- Train team members, follow, and enforce standards that are required for SQF, OSHA, FDA, EPA, customers, and other regulatory agencies.
- Maintain physical condition of warehouse by planning and implementing new design layouts; inspecting equipment; issuing work orders for repair and requisitions for replacement.
- Solve problems by analyzing data, investigating issues, identifying solutions, and making recommendations.
- Develops and recommends annual budget requirements for the warehouse.
- Support the company's mission, vision, and strategic plan.
- Other duties as needed or assigned.
WHAT WE'RE LOOKING FOR:
WORK ENVIRONMENT & SCHEDULE:
- Bachelor’s Degree in a related field desired, or equivalent experience.
- 5+ years of progressively responsible experience in warehousing, preferably in a food manufacturing environment.
- 3+ years of experience in Warehouse and/or Logistics Management.
- Knowledge of raw materials, production processes, quality control, costs, and other techniques for maximizing the safe and effective manufacture and distribution of food.
- Strong proficiency in MS Office products.
- Exhibit strong problem solving, decision making and multi-tasking skills in a fast-paced environment.
- Excellent interpersonal skills, ability to communicate and manage well at all levels of the organization.
- Critical thinking skills, naturally curious and focused on improvement.
- Strong social and collaboration skills, such as persuasion/ability to teach others.
This position will support multiple locations and requires flexibility to support multiple production shifts including weekends and holidays.
While performing the essential functions of this position, the employee is regularly required to talk and hear. This position requires standing, walking, bending, kneeling, stooping, crouching, crawling, and climbing in environments with varied temperatures.
WHY WORK AT MILLER BAKING COMPANY?
We are a profitable, growing organization with great products! Our business and reputation are rooted in quality and service. The executive team is committed to continued growth, leveraging ingenuity, and the ability to customize. We plan to continue our exciting trajectory while maintaining our values. We offer a competitive salary and great company benefits including a casual dress code, health & dental insurance, and a 401k with company match.