Miller Baking Company is a privately-held bakery that has been serving up delicious baked goods for nearly 100 years. We combine our core values of stability, humility, curiosity, and going the extra mile to create a recipe for SUCCESS!
In 2010, our desire for a better pretzel bun led to the creation of Pretzilla, a brand of soft pretzel buns that’s fueled significant year-over-year company growth. Today, Pretzilla is available nationwide at retailers like Whole Foods Market, enabling people across the country to crown their creations with buns and snacks suited for today’s palette.
We're looking for the right people to support our growth and help take Miller Baking to the next level. If you love our products, excel in a team environment, and are never afraid to ask why, read on!
We're looking for a Material Handler to join our fast-growing food manufacturing company. Reporting to the Warehouse and Logistics Director, this person will help to ensure that our production teams have the essential materials for production along with other critical inventory and logistics operational support.
There are 2 positions open. One position will be located at 1415 N. 5th
St Milwaukee, WI and the other at 8313 N. Steven Rd. Milwaukee, WI. The position at our 5th
St plant will be transferred to our new Brown Deer facility mid- September.
WHAT YOU'LL DO:
WHAT WE'RE LOOKING FOR:
- Receive, ship, store, and transfer materials and finished goods to and from plants and outside storage locations.
- Perform related transactions for stocking of raw materials.
- Break down, clean, organize, and prep for production.
- Assist with a broad range of warehouse tasks, utilizing forklifts, pallet movers, drum dollies and carts.
- Coordinate, communicate and signal replenishment of material from the various stock locations to production.
- Assist with inventory counts and planning.
- Support the company's mission, vision, and strategic plan.
- Other duties as needed or assigned.
- Follow and understand Safe Work Practices and Good Manufacturing Practices (GMP’s)
WORK ENVIRONMENT & SCHEDULE:
- Experience in warehousing, logistics, shipping/receiving, or inventory
- Must be able to read, write, and communicate in English.
- A great attention to detail and time management
- Ability to maintain a safe, clean, organized warehouse and work area.
- Ability to learn quickly and thrive in a fast-paced environment.
- Ability to operate and use motorized and non-motorized material handling equipment.
This position requires flexibility to support multiple production shifts including weekends and holidays.
While performing the essential functions of this position, the employee is regularly required to talk and hear. This position requires standing, walking, bending, kneeling, stooping, crouching, crawling, and climbing in environments with varied temperatures. This position requires frequent pulling, carrying, and lifting up to 50 lbs.
WHY WORK AT MILLER BAKING COMPANY?
We are a profitable, growing organization with great products! Our business and reputation are rooted in quality and service. The executive team is committed to continued growth, leveraging ingenuity, and the ability to customize. We plan to continue our exciting trajectory while maintaining our values. We offer competitive compensation and great company benefits including a casual dress code, health & dental insurance, and a 401k with company match.