Family-owned for nearly 100 years, Miller Baking Company has been committed to crafting great tasting baked goods with honest ingredients. Today, we bake Pretzilla® Soft Pretzel Bread, a brand of soft pretzel buns and bites that is drawing fans across the country and experiencing significant year-over-year growth. We combine great products with our core values of curiosity, humility, stability, and going the extra mile to create an environment with opportunities to make an impact and personally develop.
We're looking for a Production Team Member to join our fast-growing food manufacturing company. Reporting to the Production Supervisor this person will assist in the production of our delicious pretzel bread!
This position is located both at 8313 N Steven Rd, Milwaukee, WI 53223 and 9009 N 51st
St Brown Deer, WI 53223.
WHAT YOU'LL DO:
Core Competencies and Areas of Responsibility
Commitment to Quality:
- Complete a variety of manual labor tasks in the production of baked goods.
- Monitor product quality according to company standards (proper size, color, cut, texture, packaging, etc).
- Physically move, push, and/or handle product, materials, and equipment (racks, pans, product, etc.).
- Addressing production issues with line operator.
- Understand and execute lock out tag out (LOTO) procedures.
- Complete standard sanitation tasks as assigned.
- Perform housekeeping and maintenance tasks to keep the production area clean, organized, and safe.
WHAT WE'RE LOOKING FOR:
- Work with Production Supervisor and other production team members to manage production workflow.
- Monitor and continuously make improvements to meet and exceed company standards.
- Understand and promote Miller Baking’s Quality Management Systems including SQF, HACCP, and GMPs to ensure safety and quality of employees and products.
- Support, demonstrate and promote Miller Baking Co.’s core values: Stability, Going the Extra Mile, Curiosity, Humility
- Perform all duties as assigned.
WORK ENVIRONMENT & SCHEDULE:
- Previous experience in a plant production environment and/or in drug, food, or beverage manufacturing preferred.
- Ability to lift and move up to 50 pounds.
- Available to work 12-hour shifts.
- Must be able to read and write.
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment.
- Available for shift rotation or flexible shift rotation schedule as required.
- Must be 18 years or older.
This position will be primarily 1st
shift hours, however working with all shifts and Milwaukee plants may be required from time to time.
While performing the essential functions of this position, the employee is regularly required to talk and hear. This position requires standing, walking, bending, kneeling, stooping, crouching, crawling, and climbing in environments with varied temperatures.
WHY WORK AT MILLER BAKING COMPANY?
We are a profitable, growing organization with great products! Our business and reputation are rooted in quality and service. The executive team is committed to continued growth, leveraging ingenuity, and the ability to customize. We plan to continue our exciting trajectory while maintaining our values. We offer a competitive salary and great company benefits including a casual dress code, health, vision & dental insurance, and a 401k with company match.